Father's Day Gift Ideas - Make your own shaving cream & beard oil
Make dad his own natural shaving cream or beard oil if he is holding on to that lockdown facial hair. These delicious homemade potions will help to moisturise his face and help make him shine on Father's Day.
Natural Shaving Cream
- 29 grams of castile soap for pump bottle or non-castile for a thicker mix and suitable for jar storage
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 10 drops of essential oil
- Shave 29 grams of soap into a saucepan with water and gently heat until melted
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Add in the olive oil and essential oils
- Pour into your pump bottle (castile soap) or small jar (non-castile soap)
- Make a label for the bottle or jar
Natural Beard Oil
Option 1 - Simple and small
- 4 tablespoons of your choice, you can use fractionated coconut oil, olive oil or jojoba oil
- 2 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 3 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
Option 2 - Variety of oils
- 30 mls jojoba oil
- 15 mils avocado oil
- 15 mls almond oil
- 15 mls apricot oil
- 15 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add in the essential oils until you prefect the scent.
- Using a funnel or pouring jug, gently pour into your oil dropper bottles.
- Make a label for the bottle and put into a gift box on a bed of raffia to present to dad on Father's Day.