Kids Party Food - Watermelon Jelly
These adorable jelly cups are fabulous for kids parties or an after school summer treat. Whether it's a tropical festival themed party or a picnic in the sunshine, these eye catching and easy to make snacks are sure to be a winner. Use any leftover jelly mixture to make up some watermelon jelly wedges.
- 2 packets Hartley's raspberry or strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 packet Hartley's lemon lime jelly crystals
- vanilla yoghurt
- Chocolate chips
- Clear plastic cups or clear glasses
- Green & red food colour
- In a heatproof bowl, make up the strawberry or raspberry jelly, if not red enough, you can put a small drop of red food colour in. Chill until thick but not completely solid. It should be about 2 hours.
- Repeat with the lemon lime jelly and put a drop of green food colour in to make it a more vibrant colour. If using plastic cups, chill the liquid so it wont melt the plastic. If using glass, pour directly into the glass. Chill in the fridge until completely set. Only fill the glass quarter of the way up.
- Once green jelly is set, scoop in 1 tablespoon of vanilla yogurt.
- Gently pour in the red jelly mix to the top so your don't mix the layers.
- Sprinkle in the choc chip bits so they some submerge into the red jelly.
- Place in the fridge to set and serve from the fridge.
- To make the watermelon jelly wedges, cut a lime in half, scoop out the pulp and pour in jelly mixture and allow to set in the fridge for 4 hours. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut in half to create your wedges.