Egg-free Avocado Chocolate Mousse
A rich chocolate mousse is a firm favourite in our house. Once upon a time when we could have people over for dinner, we had a friend with an egg allergy over and I went about searching for egg and dairy free dessert options. I discovered this wonderful egg-free alternative to my old classic dessert and it was an absolute winner. The bonus is that the kids gobbled it all up too.
100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
400g ripe avocado flesh
125ml coconut cream
35g raw cacao powder
Strawberries or blueberries or raspberries, to serve
1 tablespoon chopped pistachios (providing there are no nut allergies)
Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Melt the chocolate carefully and slowly in your microwave.
- Place the avocado, coconut cream, honey and cacao powder in a blender to mix. The aim is to have your mixture as smooth and fluffy as possible.
- Once your avocado mix is smooth, you can now add the melted chocolate and continue to blend until light and fluffy with a mousse like texture. If it is not sweet enough at this stage, you can add in a bit more honey.
- As an alternative, you can use milk chocolate for a more kid friendly taste.
- Spoon your mixture into small serving dishes and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with your choice of berries, nuts, shaved cholate and cream to serve to your guests.