Bake to School
You just need to create a template of the gingerbread kids on cardboard and use that to create your class mates!
@craftandcrumb Back to school! #backtoschool #backtoschoolcheck #backtoschoolbaking #baking #fypシ #bakingwithkids #craftwithkids #gingerbread #simplebaking ♬ original sound - CraftandCrumb
- 350g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 - 4 spoons of cold water
- 125g butter
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 free range egg
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Writing icing
- Pre heat the oven to 190c or 170c for fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with paper and cut out your template.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy then add in the golden syrup, water and egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and then add in the wet mixture and knead until fully combined.
- Roll out your dough 5mm in depth and using your template, cut out your ginger dads.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden and cool on a tray.
- Using your icing pens or icing in a piping bag with a thin nozzle, design your super gingerbread dads so they are ready to munch together on Father's Day.