Baking with kids - Blueberry and white chocolate scones
An afternoon tea is not complete unless there is a scone on the table. Try this berry twist as an alternative to the classic jam and clotted cream combo.
- 450g self rising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 20g caster sugar or 15g of a sugar alternative like stevia
- 100g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- a splash of milk
75g frozen blueberries
45g white chocolate drops
- Lemon drizzle icing, lemon curd or clotted cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Place flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Cut softened butter into cubes and work into the mixture with your hands.
- Add the eggs and a small splash of milk into the mixture. Continue to add milk until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Knead the dough and roll out onto a board. Sprinkle the frozen blueberries and white chocolate evenly and then fold the dough over once and gently roll it out again.
- Now cut out your scones and placed them on a baking paper lined tray.
- Brush the tops with some milk and then place into the oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with either some clotted cream, lemon curd or drizzle with a lemon iced glaze.