Kids Party Food - Cupcake Cones
Not all baking goes as smooth as buttercream. When testing recipes and baking with the kids, there are often moments that belong on Nailed It rather than GBBO. No matter how big the mishaps or flops, we still manage to have mountains of fun.
A few weeks ago whilst making cupcakes we knocked a whole packet of cupcake pans in the sink full of water. There may have been tears but we think our solution to the problem actually made our cupcakes so much more special.
What could be better than merging ice creams with cupcakes, especially in the lead up to summer. This is the perfect snack to bring to the park or even serve up to kids as a Covid safe birthday cake.
- 1 x Craft & Crumb Cupcake baking kit of your choice
- Buttercream icing
- Piping bags and tips
- Flat based ice cream cones
- Gel colours of choice to create this rainbow cake and icing
- Follow the instructions in the Craft & Crumb cupcake baking kit To create your cupcake mix.
- Separate the mixture into 3 bowls and add in the food colour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour small amounts of the different colours into the cone to create the pattern you want.
- Place into your oven and bake for the required time as specified in the baking kit instructions.
- Once your cakes are cooled, you can pipe on the icing to finalise your cone and cover with sprinkles.
- To recreate the rainbow frosting, simply separate your buttercream into separate bowls, mix up the colour and then line the side of your piping bag with each colour so that you end up with vertical lines of icing. Once full, you then just pipe the buttercream as normal and the rainbow buttercream swirls will appear.