Fun easy baking for kids - Caramel and white chocolate Fudge
Most recipes have so many moving parts and ingredients I am often too daunted to try baking them with kids. This easy recipe is ideal for kids as it only has 3 ingredients and is so easy to follow. You could be munching on delicious fudge after a few hours of chilling time. Kid friendly and easy to make fudge is fabulous to wrap up as a meaningful gift for grandparents and extended family when we can all get together again.
30g unsalted butter, chopped
397g can Carnation caramel
600g Cadbury white chocolate
- On a low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. Do not burn.
- Slowly add the Carnation caramel and white chocolate to the butter. Stir until fully melted and combined to a smooth consistency.
- Line a shallow tray with baking paper.
- Once your mix is fully combined and any additional ingredients are added to make a different flavour, transfer carefully to your tray and ensure that it is smoothed out and place in your fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- Once the mixture is solid, take out of the tray and cut to size. You can drizzle extra chocolate over the top for decoration or just leave it plain.
- Either serve up to your guests or cover in baking paper and wrap in small squares of cotton and tie with a ribbon to give as a gift.
Caramel Crunch Fudge
Crunch up Oreos and mix into the fudge mix before spooning into your tray.
Chocolate Caramel Fudge
Substitue milk chocolate for white chocolate for a rich chocolate fudge.
Salted Caramel Fudge
Add in a pinch of sea salt for a salty tang to your fudge. Be careful not to over salt and taste before you add in more salt.