Fun Baking Recipes for Kids - Jelly & Berries Ice cream
Mixing up homemade ice cream was always my favourite activity as a kid. It was like mixing a sweet and delicious frozen potion. We usually started with plain vanilla ice cream and we crushed up whatever sweets, chocolates, cookies and syrup we could get our hands on. I am not saying I invented Cookies and cream, but it was a favourite mix of mine in the early 80's!
Clearly I have not grown out of making my own ice cream mixes, I am just searching for options that are a bit healthier. This Jelly, berries and Greek yogurt sorbet is definitely the grown up version of my childhood chocolate mixes. It's also delicious enough that the kids will be begging for a big serve.
- 100 mls boiling water
- 100 mls cold water with ice blocks
- 1 packet of no sugar Hartley's Jelly (11.5 g)
- 200mls plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh or Frozen Berries (raspberries or strawberries)
- Place the packet of jelly in a mixing bowl and add the boiling water, stir until dissolved.
- Add the cold water with ice blocks to boiling water jelly mix and allow the ice blocks melt. Please note: with ice blocks, the total volume of cold water should only 100 mls.
- Add the yogurt mix and jelly mix into a blender and blitz until fluffy. Add in frozen berries at this stage if you want them mixed with in or just add in whole once placed into serving cups.
- Pour into serving dishes and place in the freezer for 2.5 hours before serving.
- This recipe would also work with a Calippo style silicon mould.