Kids Party Food - Sausage Rolls
Hidden veggie sausage rolls are the best party food for even the fussiest mini diners. These sausage rolls are mini but mighty and completely delicious, they can even be the perfect meal for a Friday night fake-away.
- 1 small grated courgette
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 handful of cauliflower rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 350g sausage meat
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- On a low heat, cook the grated courgette, grated carrot, cauliflower rice and the garlic in oil until it is softened.
- Once the vegie mix is slightly cooled, mix with the sausage meat until fully combined.
- Set the mix aside and lay your sheet of puffed pastry on a dusted chopping board and cut the sheet in half lengthways.
- Divide the vegetable and meat mixture into two and evenly spread in the middle of each pastry sheet, keeping a 1-2cm margin at the sides.
- Fold the sides of the pastry over the filling, ensure the two edges meet and then seal together.
- Cut the rolls into your desired size, place on a baking sheet and brush with a little egg.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180c and cook for roughly 25 minutes depending upon size of your rolls. Serve with ketchup or a chutney.