No bake Chocolate Biscuits Slice
This no bake chocolate biscuit slice is the the perfect addition to any afternoon tea or as a tasty after school snack. No bake slices are an absolutely fabulous way to get small children interested and involved in baking treats for the whole family.
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250g packet Rich Tea biscuits
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- icing sugar for dusting
- Grease and line a shallow baking dish.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla and cocoa in a saucepan over low heat until the butter is fully melted then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture in the saucepan is completely cool, add in the egg and whisk to combine.
- Return the saucepan to a low heat and stir constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the rich tea biscuits in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin then add to the mixing bowl along with the choc chips and stir to fully combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your pan and press down with a spoon to get an even surface. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until set.
- Dust the pan with icing sugar and cut into small squares to serve. If you want to, you can cover the slice with icing and sprinkles before you refrigerate the slice.