Peanut Butter Slice
Have this scrumptious peanut butter slice ready to delight your guests when they drop by for afternoon tea. One bowl quick bake makes this a winner recipe that you will bake again and again.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup traditional oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 100g milk chocolate melted
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-force and Grease and line base of a shallow square cake pan.
- Whisk the peanut butter and vanilla with a hand mixer in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Stir in sugar, sifted flour and bicarbonate and mix until combined.
- Blitz the oats in a food processer for 10 secs and add to the mixing bowl along with the milk and mix by hand.
Place mixture into the cake pan and press it down to level out the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool in pan
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove, combine with oil and spread over the cooled slice. Sprinkle crushed up peanuts on top.
- Let the chocolate set completely and cut into small squares ready to be served for afternoon tea.