Tiny Cakes - Bite sized Victoria Sponge
Is an afternoon tea even complete without a Victoria Sponge? We certainly don't think so! At Craft & Crumb we adore an afternoon tea and tiny cakes so we decided to give the traditional Victoria Sponge a tiny heart shaped twist.
- 130g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225g butter at room temperature
- Icing sugar to dust for serving
- Pink Gel food colour
- Strawberry jam
- Whipped cream
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line your cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the sugar and butter together until it's fluffy. Next add in the eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract and mix with a hand mixer until it is all combined.
- Add in your food colouring and mix until the colour is the correct shade.
- Pour into tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once cooled, wrap in cling wrap and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove from fridge and using your cookie cutter, cut out your heart shapes and then carefully cut each heart in half.
- On the bottom layer, spread a layer of strawberry jam and pipe on the cream. Then gently place the top heart, crust side down, on top. Make sure your don't squash the piped cream.
- Dust icing sugar over the top to serve.