The world's love of all things unicorn seems to be going strong and is showing no signs of abating any time too soon, especially in the world of food! We've seen unicorn poop, unicorn freakshakes, unicorn arctic roll (one of our personal faves,) unicorn fudge and now we introduce THE uniCORN (the genius marriage of all things unicorn and snacktastic popcorn!) What's not to like about this deliciously pretty snack....each piece of popcorn is transformed into a pastel, swirly, sprinkly nugget of bliss! We think little bowls of these would be perfect at a children's unicorn party or with big or little friends at a sleepover party ... Here is the recipe from Bethcakes.com...enjoy!!
Author: Beth Branch
250g popcorn (microwave popcorn - approx 3 bags)
1 1/2 cups of wilton colourburst brights candy melts white
1/2 cup of wilton candy melts purple
1 cup of wilton candy melts white (optional)
Small colourful sprinkles
Pink heart and gold star sprinkles
- Pop one bag of popcorn according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Pop the second bag of popcorn and place in seperate bowl
- Pop the third bag and place in another bowl (So you'll have 3 bowls.) Remove unpopped kernels.
- Melt ColorBurst candy melts according to package directions. Pour over the popcorn in one of the bowls and use a rubber spatula to stir until coated. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out into an even layer and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles. Let the candy coating set and then break clumps back into pieces.
- Combine ½ cup blue candy melts and ½ cup white candy melts. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat. Pour over one of the other bowls of popcorn and stir until coated. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (I used one baking sheet for the white popcorn and fit both the purple and blue on a second baking sheet.) Sprinkle with sprinkles and let candy coating set. Break popcorn back into pieces.
- Repeat with purple and white candy melts.
- Combine all popcorn in a bowl or bag and enjoy!